You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-09-06 04:04:28

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

... and again (sale ended early)

Sorry for the large screenshots... I am trying to document this continuing problem as accurately as possible.

This topic relates to the premature end of the Playa sale as detailed in the NEWS post.  There is NO published end time/date... which typically means that the sale will run until the store closes.

kmilea wrote:

Hi shopping addicts!

Holidays are coming to and end and after summer, autumn will come....

But if the bad news is that the Playa store is gonna clause

the good news is that:

we offer you a 30% discount on the whole store!

Discover a New Summer Outfit made for this occasion and perfect for your last walks on the beach!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/soldes_playa_us.png
Enjoy your shopping spree!

It's now and it's on #OhMyDollz !

However...

I just logged in to do my Playa shopping, only to discover the store is still there... the sale is not!  I immediately checked the French Forum for any additional or conflicting NEWS, but their post is identical to ours.  Furthermore, within that topic, Sarah is quoted in Post #68 on 9/5/13 @ 18:11:09 (game time) as saying:

Sarah wrote:
Plus que 17 heures pour profiter des soldes du Magasin Playa, hatez vous!

Ce magasin reviendra bien sur l'annee prochaine!

Interpreted:  More than 17 hours to enjoy balances (sales) in the Store Playa, hatez you!  This store will return of course next year!

***I do have, but forgot to host, a screenshot of their NEWS topic***

17+ hours from 18:11:09 is 12:11:09, if my math is correct... current game time is 4:04:28, leaving 8 hours until Playa closes (and the sale ends).  This calculation is confirmed by my screenshot (below) which shows a countdown timer of 9 hours and 14 minutes remaining (when it was taken).  Add in the time it took me to host the image and compose this post, and approximately an hour has elapsed... again, verifiable by the current game clock.  This is not an issue of confused international times... this is an issue of sales ending early and (in the case of the TV Series quest) stores closing prematurely.

My OMD time is limited and I rely on accurate information when planning my activities... I have missed multiple events due to these discrepancies.  It would be very nice if you would consider reinstating the sale and extending it for an additional day for those players affected by this glitch.

http://i39.tinypic.com/swtldg.jpg

Last edited by n0regrets (2013-09-06 04:07:49)

#2 2013-09-09 10:11:40

kmilea
Members

Re: ... and again (sale ended early)

Indeed there was a bug on Friday and the discount did not work from midnight to 9AM. As the bug was reported, it was corrected and worked again from 10AM to noon. if you bought things in the meantime (when the bug occurred), please let me know and I'll refund the missing $$$.

#3 2013-09-11 23:16:08

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Re: ... and again (sale ended early)

Thank you... I appreciate not only your offer to refund any amount overcharged, but also the reply to my report.

Unfortunately, as a result of this bug, I opted not to purchase the items I wanted during the glitched period.  Additionally, 10 AM - noon, French time occurs between the hours of 1 AM - 6 AM, US time (depending on where you live)... meaning most players were asleep when the sale was reinstated for the final two hours.

Since the bug was in effect for 9 hours, I still feel the fairest solution would have been to extend the sale by 9 hours... but c' est la vie!

Thank you again for taking the time to reply... I do hope that these time inconsistencies can be avoided in the future ^.^  I truly regret not having the opportunity to buy the items I wanted from the TV Shop store... Playa will return next summer, but the same may not be true for quest stores.

Board footer