You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-01-19 16:00:22

subway1
Members

I Can't Sleep At Night...

So right now, I'm in Secondary Two, which is Grade Eight. And ever since I started High School, I have been having lots of trouble falling asleep.

I have a regular bed time. I go to bed at 9:00 PM. Sometimes when I go to bed, it takes me hours to fall asleep. And I'm not talking one or two hours. No. I'm talking three, four, sometimes even five hours to fall asleep. No matter how tired I am, no matter how long I lay there, I still cannot fall asleep. When it takes me this long to fall asleep, I cry. I cry because I get worried that I will get sick from sleep deprivation, since this happens quite often, and then I will not be able to go to school the next day, and maybe go to the hospital. Even though this might not actually happen, these are the things that go through my head when I can't sleep.

I don't read, watch television or play video games before I go to bed. I don't eat anything, either. But sometimes, I just can't... Like last night, for example. I went to bed at 10:00 PM, since it's the weekend, and I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30, maybe 2:00 AM. I never know why I can't sleep, and my parents and I are looking for reasons, but we can't find any.

What should I do ? Please help me!

The Mauraders were alive that night, all four of them, you know, but it wasn't the same; only three were true and one was gone, and the one that was gone shouldn't have been. But they were together, again, and in that moment, they knew, they would never say goodbye.

#2 2014-01-19 16:56:00

harajukukiki
Members

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night...

Believe me, you will NOT get sick from being deprived a few hours of sleep. On school days, I get less than 6 hours of sleep because I end dance practice at 9 pm, then I do homework, and than I go to sleep very late and wake up the next morning at 6 am. I've been doing that for the past 3 years and I haven't gone to the hospital or gotten sick from not getting enough sleep.

Anyway, I don't believe it's that serious. High school just does that to you so I guess you just have to deal with it. I normally fall asleep with the tv on because listening to a show I like helps me fall asleep faster. Maybe you just need to find something like that to fall asleep.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#3 2014-01-19 19:34:56

snortmort
Members

Are you watching TV or on the computer right before bed? That can really cause problems falling asleep. It might help to do something quiet before bed, like read a book and listen to some quiet (classical, maybe?) music to help your brain quiet itself for the night.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#4 2014-01-19 19:50:58

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Meditation always helped for me. Just sit in a comfortable chair with a video of those soft waves or rain drops in your ear and focus on really feeling through your fingers and toes. Like really feel them...Five to Ten minutes a day would do you wonders!

#5 2014-01-20 00:49:48

darkjewels
Members

i'm no expert(and i do a lot of stuf that is not indicated by one) but...

are you sure you're not going to bed too early? i used to go to bed between 11pm and midnight at high school. BUT THEN... that was ME. MAYBE you could TRY going to bed at 11:30pm, to see IF it works. just a test. on a weekend.

i know it's not good to eat before sleeping, but i can't sleep when i'm hungry. the other day i wasted the whole night trying to sleep but i was only able to do so after having breakfest. x_X (yep i failed to sleep untill +-7am because i was hungry)

or maybe it's just anxiety? THAT can make one fail to sleep. no doubt about that. x_X

you should try reading anything(comics, novels, school stuf, etc) or watching TV or doing something that gets you bored. this helps anyone.
*looks at own bed*
on the other hand, does your bed have a bunch of decorative stuf you have to remove every single day before sleeping? mine does, and that makes me feel EXTREMELY lazy about going to bed sometimes. and as i remove the stuf from my bed i sometimes "forget" i was sleepy...

ps: good luck

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

Board footer