You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-08-24 13:34:36

sarah
Administrator

[Flash Gifts] Happy Birthday!!!

Hi girls!

Today we're having a Happy Day, to end the birthday week on an other awesome note!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/happy_hours.png

How does it work?

The Flash gifts are like Flash sales, the only difference is that, as they are gifts, they are free!
This is what we call a Happy Day on OhMyDollz !

Several times during the day, an item that is usually available in store will be offered to you in the "special offers" section.
You just need to click on it to get the item for free!

The Happy Day ends on August 24th at 11:59 PM CET.

Isn't life beautiful? aomd_bravo

#2 2015-08-25 19:45:08

afna
Members

Re: [Flash Gifts] Happy Birthday!!!

Oh no!!! I missed it..  non

http://i65.tinypic.com/34y3ez7.jpg

#3 2015-08-25 21:32:57

orangemaid
Members

I missed it too. I tend to log on for the daily flash sale - whether I buy or not - but by that time (yesterday) the whole thing was over. That was also the first time I saw the news blurb for the event.

Of course yesterday there wasn't a 19:00 flash sale at all. I kept checking back, hoping to catch a flash gift, nope, nadda, nothing.

Then I reread the new article - the event ended 12:00. Wait. What?!? It couldn't have even run for a full day, or I should have seen the blurb the day before! And it was over before I knew it was in play.

It's all well and good that the site runs to the French schedule.  It is highly irritating that US OMD is not informed of events and things until after they are in effect. I understand translation times and all that, but the delay is handicap that could be avoided.

I don't know for certain, but it feels like USOMD gets news articles and events after they go up on the French side. The primary exception being the Quest type Events. But there are times things like Hunts come up in the special offers, and there is no News article to go with it for a few days.  Could we not get a temporary article, perhaps in original French, say a News Leak, when something happens, so we are not waiting on a translation? Then replace it with the translation when it is ready?

#4 2015-08-26 00:26:40

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

I've been tempted to put the French news feed up with a translation when the English one hasn't been posted, but since I'm not a Mod I don't want to get in trouble for being 'impatient'. I think another player got accused of being impatient for doing that a few years back.

Last edited by lady0filia (2015-08-26 00:27:46)

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#5 2015-08-26 04:19:38

aprettylittleliar
Members

I agree, I think the US site does get neglected. I think it is unfair to all of the players when we are not informed about the upcoming events. Although I did manage to collect a few if the gifts, I only stumbled upon the event by accident (the event started early Sunday moring and  continued until Monday afternoon). Another thing, I wish they would ujust the times for these events because the items started at 1 on Sunday (obviously many people are not awake nor can they stay up all night to collect the gifts).

“Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret.”

#6 2015-08-26 09:07:05

orangemaid
Members

aprettylittleliar wrote:

I agree, I think the US site does get neglected. I think it is unfair to all of the players when we are not informed about the upcoming events. Although I did manage to collect a few if the gifts, I only stumbled upon the event by accident (the event started early Sunday moring and  continued until Monday afternoon). Another thing, I wish they would ujust the times for these events because the items started at 1 on Sunday (obviously many people are not awake nor can they stay up all night to collect the gifts).

The thing with adjusting times is how do you pick which timezone to adjust to? (Well, aside from the obvious business answer of adjust to the US zone with highest grossing income for Feerik.)  There are so many ways to work around timezones depending on game  implementation to take advantage of.

The more complicated a system is, like trying to have things run in each timezone, the more potential problems. From just adjusting a computers timezone, to dealing with people who travel, there are so many issues to address if you go down that route.

And to be fair, a lot of the rest of the world makes the effort to adjust for US timezone games. Why can't we do the same?

The simplest two options I see are simple enough. 1) A 24 hour notice of an upcoming event. or 2) Slave-Posting the French news until its translated at the same time its up on the French site.

I'd seriously doubt Feerik going for option 1. That would be an 'advantage' for us over their native player base. Option 2 is a bit lazy and may not be professional, unless they cover that somehow (my earlier post suggesting they call it a 'new leak')

That is of course if Feerik does anything about this sort of thing at all.

#7 2015-08-27 02:43:15

snortmort
Members

I'm sad that I missed this, but I was up North at a cottage with my husband's family and didn't have Internet access. Ah well, enjoy your gifts everyone, and happy anniversary Feerik!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

Board footer