You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-09-21 09:42:46

batsap
Members

Theme for the fashion show?

What's the theme for the fashion show this week?
I seem to keep missing the announcements about the theme. >.<

#2 2011-09-21 10:02:14

tulpen
Members

Re: Theme for the fashion show?

Yees, I think they've recently stopped informing us about the fashion show themes.. Strange.

#3 2011-09-21 10:03:51

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

They've gotten really bad at posting the theme, it's Traditional Costumes this week - Scottish, Asian, Indian, etc with 2 objects from the Dolls Basics store

#4 2011-09-21 19:49:21

batsap
Members

Thank you!
Where did you find that out, yarlyna?

#5 2011-09-21 19:52:35

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

You're welcome!
It's always published in the French version on Monday & I just use google translator :)

#6 2011-09-22 01:03:39

Ancien joueur shootingmoon
Guests

They should really announce the themes for each week like 2 days before it starts? sad

#7 2011-09-22 04:19:46

darkjewels
Members

they failed us again...
and i sometimes suspect it's not just about the fashion show theme they don't inform us...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#8 2011-09-22 10:00:12

tulpen
Members

I feel the same way.. And if they decide to inform us, they're often late with it or there are translation errors etc.

#9 2011-09-22 13:06:36

eadwynn
Members

Sometimes we're a little behind with announcements, yes, but the fashion show theme is something that is really quite easy to find out.  Once you've done it, that is!

** Go to the OMD home page and choose the French flag from the top left-hand corner of the page (it's the far left, striped, red white and blue flag).  I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I need to click that little flag twice before I get the French version.

** Go to the 'Forum' link on the top bar (same place as it is in the US version of the game).

** Copy the link to the French forum now in the address bar.  Search for 'google translate' and, once there, paste the forum link into the translation box.  If you're lucky, Google should recognise that you need the link translated to English/Spanish/whichever language you need, but if not there's an option for which language you'd like.

** Copy the new, translated link from the translation box (to the right of the page) and paste it into your browser address bar.

Voila, French OMD forum in your native language.

Or, hopefully the link below will not expire and you can just use that:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s … mp;act=url

I keep this link to the French forum next to my OMD link on my favourites bar.  That way, it's easy to check each week.

#10 2011-09-22 23:33:26

darkjewels
Members

@eadwynn: that may be a solution, but we're not suposed to need to give ourselves the trouble of visiting the french site to just get the news. we're suposed to see all of the news when we log in. that's what makes me upset...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#11 2011-09-23 08:50:27

eadwynn
Members

@darkjewels  Oh I absolutely understand that, of course.  It'd be great to be able to just log in and go from there, however this is an issue that has been around for as long as I've been playing (granted, that's not all that long) and as yet it hasn't been addressed.  I've come to accept that sometimes, for whatever reason, we don't get news/fashion show themes/other things at the same time as the French site.  It's pretty much the same with Poneyvallee sometimes, too, with regards to news.

However, trying to be positive, there is a 'work around' solution.  Is it perfect?  No.  Should we have to hunt around for the information on the French site?  Also no, but I honestly don't see what else there is to do.  Other than lobbying FEERIK and making our unhappiness felt (which I believe many people have done on many occasions).

Board footer