You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-01-02 10:48:28

taemint
Members

Dustin guy quest guide

Anyone know how much it costs, what's the prizes, etc? I want to do it but I'm not sure if this is worth my time :|

"When I open up, he meets me where I am"

#2 2012-01-02 10:55:37

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Re: Dustin guy quest guide

What you see is what you get. It's a single step flirt.

#3 2012-01-02 11:12:48

taemint
Members

^

Yup. And the price for both steps are 100$$$ (songs = 51$$$ / movies = 49$$$) + 75 Feez. Just did it with my alts :D
What's the special prize though?

"When I open up, he meets me where I am"

#4 2012-01-02 14:59:52

snortmort
Members

I was appalled to see what was written on the main page about this flirt:

"Will you seduce him? What will be your strategy to get him in your cluthes?"

What kind of a horrid thing is that to write on this site? I find it frustrating enough that all the adventures are about flirting with guys and getting them to like your doll (can't she be her own person without falling in love with every single guy she meets?), but to say your doll is working on a "strategy to get him in your clothes"?! Disgusting. I sincerely hope Feerik changes the wording of that. There's beyond enough of that sort of thinking in the media today without having it be so present on a gaming site with young players.

Last edited by snortmort (2012-01-02 15:00:15)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2012-01-02 15:14:52

eadwynn
Members

snortmort wrote:

Whilst I absolutely agree with your sentiment, I think (hope?!) that 'cluthes' is simply a mis-type for 'clutches'.  I'd be completely appalled if the whole object was to get him into your clothes.

As for your other point, I could not agree more.  I'm a little tired of seducing boy after boy in the adventures.  I still love the game and I'm having great fun, but I don't think it's too much to ask to maybe have an adventure or two based around something other than boys.

Edit: On a slightly unrelated note, I can't seem to get to the second flirt option, despite finishing the first and having around 450 or so F'EEZ.  Is anyone else having that problem?

Last edited by eadwynn (2012-01-02 15:28:09)

#6 2012-01-02 17:09:16

shutupandletmego
Members

taemint wrote:

^

Yup. And the price for both steps are 100$$$ (songs = 51$$$ / movies = 49$$$) + 75 Feez. Just did it with my alts :D
What's the special prize though?

It' s Dustin's doll that you can see at Sarah's home(First page->click on Sarah)

#7 2012-01-02 17:37:30

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

snortmort wrote:

What kind of a horrid thing is that to write on this site? I find it frustrating enough that all the adventures are about flirting with guys and getting them to like your doll (can't she be her own person without falling in love with every single guy she meets?), but to say your doll is working on a "strategy to get him in your clothes"?! Disgusting. I sincerely hope Feerik changes the wording of that. There's beyond enough of that sort of thinking in the media today without having it be so present on a gaming site with young players.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will discuss this with our GM.

#8 2012-01-02 20:52:00

sierradane
Members

anyamalfoy wrote:

snortmort wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out. I will discuss this with our GM.

I'm hoping it means "get him in your clutches."

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#9 2012-01-02 22:34:07

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

snortmort, I could not agree with you more about what you said.

I was just getting ready to write my own post of complaint about the "get in your clothes" confusion (I really hope they meant clutches!) when I saw this and the other post.

I don't really read the adventures when I do them because inevitably it gets too "boy-crazy" for my tastes. (and I can only roll my eyes so much before I fear they will stick that way. Lol)

I do wish Sarah and her team would take the opportunity to present a stronger female image to the young girls who play on here.  I'm not saying our dolls can never date, and we do all want boy dolls, but it would be nice if there was a little less focus on falling in love/getting a crush in every adventure.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#10 2012-01-03 01:19:29

saffirelle
Members

snortmort wrote:

i really agree with you. you are so right about that. i don't think it is a good stuff for young players in this game.

http://i65.tinypic.com/jhrl04.png

#11 2012-01-03 02:40:58

snortmort
Members

I'm glad you ladies are backing me up on this - it really really disturbed me to read that.
Even if it is supposed to say 'clutches' it just seems like such an unkind way to describe dating! That's not the point of loving relationships - to lure some unsuspecting fellow into your girly 'clutches'

Thanks for looking into it, Anya.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#12 2012-01-04 11:35:25

jadefarnill
Members

it has now been changed to clutches :)

Board footer