You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-01-27 20:43:29

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Clothes/organization

I have so much stuff/clothes that I don't know what to do with it all. I want to ask my fellow players what are some ideas or suggestions you would have for me when it comes to all my clothes. I need to find a way to organize them all and or put them somewhere. But I don't just want to shove them in the attic either.

So with that being said please share your thoughts (that's if you would like to)
Thanks in advance.

#2 2012-01-28 00:17:07

rosered86
Members

Re: Clothes/organization

Well I put clothes that go with the theme of a room in the that room, right now my kitchen as an Asian theme, so I'm putting my Asian themed clothes in there behind furniture. I keep all long dresses in my royal palace room.

#3 2012-01-28 12:32:25

sis00
Members
Website

For me I organize my clothes in the Cannes room (well, at least that's what I'm planning to). Since that room is quite big, I arrange the clothes differently. For example, long dresses in one wardrobe, short/mini dresses in one wardrobe, bags in one place, etc ~

You can also put the clothes according to the room theme, like rosered86 say :)
If there's no theme, divide the clothes equally to each room ~

Well, just an opinion though ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/RqvqX.png

#4 2012-01-28 15:15:41

snortmort
Members

Um, well, I just hide all my clothes and then when I want to change my outfit, I just browse through "My Stuff" and send stuff back to the room I want it in. That way I don't have to move furniture/items around when I'm looking for clothes and risk ruining my loft.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2012-01-28 19:41:06

batsap
Members

You could convert a room into a clothes shop or fashion show and have all your clothes displayed as outfits.

#6 2012-01-28 20:33:00

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

I turned my Royal Palace room into my walk-in closet.

Look behind almost everything in there and you'll find something else hiding.  I hide things depending on their category. 

There's a big picture on the left side of the room that I hide my long necklaces, hats and various other accessories that are too big to go in my other accessory hiding spots.  There's a four panel picture just to the right of that where I hide my smaller necklaces, braclets, earrings, headbands, etc.

Some of my nicer long dresses are displayed next to that on the clothes rack, with others behind hidden behind the closet cover (that's underneath the displayed dresses.)

Shoes get hidden behind a window.  Wigs are hidden behind the big stand-up mirror.  Handbags, some scarfs, tiaras, etc. are displayed on a couple of racks.  The "closet" we got as one of the trophies then conceals the rest of my clothes and various other things.

I use "My Stuff" for most of my clothing (moving from one room to another), but I found "My Stuff" too hard to use for jewelery and accessories (as accessories in "My Stuff" also includes plants, stuffies, and other things.)  By hiding my jewerly the way I have, I find it much quicker to go to my Walk-In closet and just shuffle through them in there.  It's also not too hard to stay organized.  I try to put things away soon after getting them (but some days it takes longer.) 

Anyway, hope that helps. :D  Good luck with your organization, Fairy.  I know it's always a struggle in this game to figure out a good system. Lol  (And an issue that bonds us all.) :)

P.S.  I also use a system when putting the things away.  I load all the shoes up on my doll's left hand, wigs go above her head, clothes on legs, jewlery on her right side.  Once my doll is loaded up I then move along the room, putting things away when I come to to that area.  Also, I've made sure that most of my hiding places can be loaded up with stuff and then I just move the picture (or whatever) to the foreground. (Using the sliding bar tool we now have.)  That way, I don't have to move each necklace, headband, etc. under the picture one at a time.  I just move the picture over the jewlery all at once. :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#7 2012-01-29 10:12:36

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

I stick all my clothes/shoes/accessories in a bathroom & use it as a closet.  Makes it easier to have them all in one place instead of having to go through page after page in "my things"

#8 2012-01-30 22:07:53

selinie777
Members
Website

Guilty Confession: I just hide them all in the corner of my loft.

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#9 2012-01-30 23:03:49

batsap
Members

willowskye: I just went and had a look at your royal palace room and it all looks so awesome! It's such a good idea and it looks good as a room as well as being super-organised.

#10 2012-01-31 00:45:34

willowskye

batsap wrote:

willowskye: I just went and had a look at your royal palace room and it all looks so awesome! It's such a good idea and it looks good as a room as well as being super-organised.

Thank you! :)  Although, I've been changing my doll's in each room, so I know there's a bit of a mess in the default corner corner right now.  hypn

#11 2012-01-31 19:33:12

fairykisses

Thanks to those who have responded. I guess it looks like my Garage will be turned into a walk in clothes. Wish me luck!

#12 2012-01-31 20:41:33

willowskye

I think the Garage is a great room for a walk-in closet because it's one of the longer rooms.

Wishing you luck with the "big move" to the Garage. :)  It takes some work getting it all set up, but once you do, it's fairly easy to keep it organized.  Let me know when it's done, Fairy...I'd love to come have a peek. :D

#13 2012-01-31 21:51:23

fairykisses

I will give everyone an update on it. Thanks again!

Board footer