You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-06-03 11:33:17

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Some of you may know that this weekend is the Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee.

English holidays are rarely celebrated here, in fact I can't even remember Feerik doing a hunt for St George's day. Yet they'll do one for Brazil and many other non English speaking countries.

Now a Diamond Jubilee is a very rare thing and it's a good excuse for a party. In fact it's being celebrated all over England and in a lot of other places too. So I am HUGELY disappointed that Feerik has done NOTHING AGAIN for a BRITISH holiday.

I just had to vent.

#2 2012-06-03 13:08:40

batsap
Members

Re: Queen's Diamond Jubilee

It would be nice to have something done for the Jubilee on here. =[
An item hunt to win some kind of Queen-ish outfit, or British-themed outfit would be awesome.
Ooh, or those multiple choice flirts, where you have to choose the right item to win the stuff. There could be one modern British guy and a more traditional princely one.

Last edited by batsap (2012-06-03 13:09:37)

#3 2012-06-03 16:20:55

jadefarnill
Members

I live in england, and feerik: BRITAN DOES COUNT! the last thing British that i saw was the royal wedding -.-

#4 2012-06-03 19:11:25

sierradane
Members

I'm not from there but from the US but I do agree.  They could have come up with something.  Maybe they need a "team" from the US/UK to come up with ideas that might surround upcoming holidays or events in these countries.

And on that subject of The Queen's Diamond Juiblee....

What do you think of them renaming Big Ben?  To me, it would be hard to call it anything other than that.  It would be like renaming The Statue of Liberty or The Grand Canyon something else. 

thoughts on that name change?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2012-06-03 20:58:03

angelfire
Members
Website

Right! I hate it when sites are so choosy like that. They should do something special for every country they have here (Or the big main ones at least)
I'm from the US though...
They could at least do a treasure hunt. I mean if it's a rare thing, they should do something. They had a wedding adventure!

Last edited by angelfire (2012-06-03 20:58:43)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#6 2012-06-03 22:23:57

historygeek
Members

As I watched the entire 'parade' on the Thames today from my living room in the US and enjoyed every minute of it, I would love to see something for the Jubilee.
Since anyone living in the UK would probably play on the US site (since it's in English), I don't see why we can't do more things that are British. (Or holidays or events from any English-speaking country)

#7 2012-06-04 05:14:40

laurabow
Members

batsap wrote:

It would be nice to have something done for the Jubilee on here. =[
An item hunt to win some kind of Queen-ish outfit, or British-themed outfit would be awesome.

Queen-ish outfit needs to have two things: a matching hat and PURSE since the Queen is always wearing a hat and carrying a purse! :-)

Last edited by laurabow (2012-06-04 05:15:24)

#8 2012-06-06 02:37:43

selinie777
Members
Website

There are countless holidays that are not celebrated on here. Not just this. So I don't get why they have to put a Queen's Diamond Jubilee quest. It would be nice to add that, but like I said, they don't have important days like Spring Festival in China or Remembrance Day in Canada.

On the other side, since I am all girly and stuff, I would LOVE to have a Queen's outfit on OMD.

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#9 2012-06-06 09:13:17

jadefarnill
Members

selinie777 wrote:

There are countless holidays that are not celebrated on here. Not just this. So I don't get why they have to put a Queen's Diamond Jubilee quest. It would be nice to add that, but like I said, they don't have important days like Spring Festival in China or Remembrance Day in Canada.

On the other side, since I am all girly and stuff, I would LOVE to have a Queen's outfit on OMD.

I think i would like it because it is rarely celebrated and it only comes around once every rien

#10 2012-06-06 09:47:47

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

selinie777 wrote:

As I said in my post it's not just the fact the Diamond Jubilee has been missed but every British Holiday. We celebrate national days for non English speaking countries all the time and yet something as rare as a Diamond Jubilee is ignored again by Feerik.
They couldn't even get our flag right. When they did something for the football (which is something that happens on a regular basis), they even got the flag WRONG for the English team.

#11 2012-06-06 10:40:50

jadefarnill
Members

I agree anyamalfoy, because this is mainly a US site, i realise they may not include many English aspects. But because the  language of this site is english, lots of players from the UK play here. I know i for one would have liked to have at least seen a treasure hunt or even a free gift for the Diamond Jubilee. EVERYONE here celebrated the event (apart from my friend who thinks the queen is just an old bag sitting on a chair saying "Bring me more tea" all day.)

But what im trying to say is that we deserve to play a part in the OMD world.

#12 2012-06-06 22:53:05

angelfire
Members
Website

They did something in Poneyvallee. They made London Traits there in honor of the Jubilee. Which makes me wonder why they didn't do it here as well quoi

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#13 2012-06-08 14:27:53

malu
Members

They forgot?? quoi

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

Board footer