You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-04-29 13:48:00

gothgirluni
Members

GothGirlUni's last minute, rushed (and rude?) fashion show review.

Well, this time almost everyone was on theme - since it was more-or-less open themed,  yet some still insisted on hiding the required items.
The following are the ones that grabbed my attention for the right reasons:

kittylove - one of the nicer fairies - lovely gentle color tones
cutie99 - my mother rather liked your doll's bright face.
saphireswan - awesome!
ch0colate - quietly attractive, and not at surprising that you are ranking so highly.
fairykisses - quietly attractive, and not at surprising that you are also competing for the #1 rank..
grace4u - beautiful
t1ana96 - charming!
shada22 - I like this one. Refreshing.
aradhea - not bad for a cosplay!
deidi - lovely
lily-petal  - lovely this week too
doubledelight - I love this - both the color and the presentation
ceri2cute - simply elegant
ribbonheart - lovely.
mnmfreak99 - rather cute with that band-aid on your nose!
anubis196 - clearly you like purple. It is good to see you varying your outfits.
peaceofmind  - simply elegant
evadiva - okay - you wanted me to write something. Look, you are in the right list!
timburton and safaal2 - amazing - both wearing toxic green yet still looking attractive!
april - your last two entries have been successively better.
freshstart4u2 - definitely worth voting for.
stella99 - a late starter, but rather pleasant to look at.
jackie-petals - a unique effort!
katy-perry14 - another one worth voting for
magpopstar5354 - definitely has appeal
silverstarshine - excellent use of the second figure.

The following are the ones that grabbed my attention for the wrong reasons: (edited due to complaints, candy coating added.)
avivah - oh well, at least your usual outfit is cosplay.
nicole16 - you aren't really getting into the spirit of this, are you? Wearing just a belt 2 weeks ago was amusing though.
lucia09 -  Please try something new.
mia98 -  Please try something new. Again, people like variety.
batsap - same thing as last week
kopuste - nice, but same thing as last week
lily530 - argh - that hat!
misscherry21  - same thing as last week, and it wasn't relevant for the wedding theme last week.
otherunicorn - where's your skirt love? Oh, that's my doll. oops.

I didn't comment on your doll? Maybe you are lucky I didn't.

Don't worry, It won't happen again. One of the other players can volunteer to do the review if they want it that much.

These comments are mine - as another player and active voter, and do not represent the views of  Feerik.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#2 2011-04-29 15:20:44

Ancien joueur strawberrypink
Guests

Re: GothGirlUni's last minute, rushed (and rude?) fashion show review.

I think your hurting people that are in  the "Wrong Reason". If i was inside i will get hurt! So what its was "So last week"?. I was REALLY Offended by your words " nothing else in the wardrobe?"

What if you were in it, at the person said "SO LAST WEEK?"Are you happy??
Think first before posting. People have different taste and they have different taste from you, so you hate their outfit???

The clothes can BE Reused and why must you comment "The belt 2 weeks ago was amusing though." You have no rights t say this about other dollz!

I have nothing else to say.
Offended?? Sorry... Just let out my feelings!

#3 2011-04-29 16:11:13

sierradane
Members

I have to agree with Strawberry pink.  It seems that with each week, Feerik comes up with another outlandish idea or theme for the Fashion show.  Which is not so that we "don't see the same outfit over and over," but simply a way to purchase more Feez to have more DB to buy the items needed. 

And I think it's rather in bad taste for Feerik to kick people out of the Fashion show for "not following the rules" by "hiding" an item.  The Fashion show should be one that allows an individual to be just that... an individual with their own tastes.

And while it's only "one doll's" opinion on how people looked in the fashion show, I don't think it's fully a good thing to give out some of the comments given.  Some of the dolls are never able to buy the FEEZ with RL money and they may literally have "nothing else" in their wardrobe.

In my time of being active on the internet, here and other message boards, I have found that there are a lot of people that suffer from bouts of depression.  That's not to say that every individual who ever wandered onto the internet is a bundle of nerves and has a lot of pschycological problems.  But what if that ONE person that had an unneccesary negative comment was so affected that they foolishly did something to themselves in RL?  I know that a response to that generally  would be: they should learn to be more thick skinned.

The Fashion Show, to me, has become something that is no longer fun but something to harvest RL money and perhaps even an attempt to garner a bit of praise while feeling like a peasant.

And hopefully by myself commenting on this and also Strawberrypink commenting on it, we don't both end up on some type of list of "trouble-makers."

strawberrypink wrote:

I think your hurting people that are in  the "Wrong Reason". If i was inside i will get hurt! So what its was "So last week"?. I was REALLY Offended by your words " nothing else in the wardrobe?"

Think first before posting. People have different taste and they have different taste from you, so you hate their outfit???

The clothes can BE Reused and why must you comment "The belt 2 weeks ago was amusing though." You have no rights t say this about other dollz!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2011-04-29 21:41:17

anubis196
Members

Clearly you like purple

Yes, I do love the color purple. ouf
Anyway, even though you usually put me on the better side of the list, you could be hurting other people's feelings. You should put yourself in their shoes, and imagine how you'd feel.

you are never going to get anywhere showing up in that outfit every week

Keep in mind younger children play this game, and they're a little more sensitive. It hurts even more when you hear it from a moderator.
Instead of saying negative things, try to give advice on what would make their outfit better.

Last edited by anubis196 (2011-04-29 21:57:29)

#5 2011-04-29 23:27:39

hayley77
Chat moderator

i agree too with sierradane and strawberrypink,
about cheating in the fashion show its still not a rule here that those who hide items are cheating you just saw it on the french side and u liked the idea but divas are acctually free to wear what they like,the new fashion show is really bad because it gives a certain theme each week but it didnt say that we have to dress according to it just items from certain stores or as i understand :S
i think that those who support the idea just vote for those who you think wore clothes according to the theme but its very bad to tease other divas fashion, maybe they like what they are wearing and they dont like ur style everyone has his own style and its not good to say how awful we think their outfits are if we really do i think you should have only mentioned the good side.

#6 2011-04-29 23:44:23

kandygirl123
Members

This doesn't bother me at all. Yes, some people are sensitive to this stuff, but criticism is criticism. It's not like Gothgirluni said "eew, I hate this outfit!". Some people just need to let it go, as this is their own opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/pPtdH.png

#7 2011-04-30 00:05:12

gothgirluni
Members

strawberrypink wrote:

If I candy coat everything, what would be the point? If I say outfits are good when they are not, will the player ever learn?
>"So last week"  "nothing else in the wardrobe?"
Some dolls enter the same thing every week. They didn't win any of the previous weeks. What on earth makes them think that the same doll, with which everyone is now totally bored, has any hope of winning? How does a doll in the same outfit every week qualify for "wedding, hip-hop, Easter" etc.. So these dolls really ARE last week's dolls, no matter what they look like. That is what I mean.
If this was the French version of the game, those on the wrong reasons list would actually be disqualified. That is right, their doll would be kicked out of the show by administration. Perhaps by warning them of this now, they might be saved that embarrassment, should that function come to our version, and frankly I hope it does.

The comment about the belt two weeks ago was because that player somehow seems to be able to get around the required items limitation and was wearing NOTHING BUT A BELT two weeks ago. I went to her loft to check, and sure enough, she was in there naked, except for a belt. And this was on two different browsers. The conclusion? She was wearing nothing but a belt.

It is quite clear to me that you don't spend anywhere near enough time voting in the show. Perhaps if you vote a few thousand times each week, you might see what I am getting at. Heck, when my own doll doesn't measure up, I even stick her in the wrong reasons list.
And no, I'm not offended. People keep asking me to do this thing, and for once I actually got a response. Admittedly the wording I used was a bit caustic. I must have been too tired to see that at the time.

sierradane wrote:

I have to agree with Strawberry pink.  It seems that with each week, Feerik comes up with another outlandish idea or theme for the Fashion show.  Which is not so that we "don't see the same outfit over and over," but simply a way to purchase more Feez to have more DB to buy the items needed.

Feerik is a business. They are here to make money. That anyone can play free is only due to their generosity, and the money they make from those of us who do pay. So what if there are some parts of the game that are effectively reserved for those who pay to play? It is only fair. So many people forget that. So many people think that the internet is free. It is not. Someone has to pay for all the content you see. Someone has to pay to host it.

sierradane wrote:

And hopefully by myself commenting on this and also Strawberrypink commenting on it, we don't both end up on some type of list of "trouble-makers."

Why would that happen? I make it clear that this posting is just my opinion and nothing to do with Feerik. By the post's title I am also trying to indicate it should not be taken too seriously.

#8 2011-04-30 03:18:46

Ancien joueur strawberrypink
Guests

You are right, i never vote in the fashion show. But if you first imagine that you your ownself was one of the Wrong Reason. How  will you do????

I suggest you not to have a Wrong Reason, i know you think they have Someting wrong with their outfit but i think you shouldn't say stuffs let that.........

#9 2011-04-30 03:36:19

kandygirl123
Members

strawberrypink wrote:

You are right, i never vote in the fashion show. But if you first imagine that you your ownself was one of the Wrong Reason. How  will you do????

I suggest you not to have a Wrong Reason, i know you think they have Someting wrong with their outfit but i think you shouldn't say stuffs let that.........

It's constructive criticism. I believe gothgirluni should continue that, because it's not exactly hurtful in my POV. Like I stated before, criticism is criticism and it's not like she is saying "The outfit's ugly and disgusting.". If you don't critique, then how will the people learn?

Yes, they do critique in RL. The do it with movies, books, and artwork, so I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do it on here.

http://i.imgur.com/pPtdH.png

#10 2011-04-30 03:54:49

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

kandygirl123 wrote:

strawberrypink wrote:

It's constructive criticism. I believe gothgirluni should continue that, because it's not exactly hurtful in my POV. Like I stated before, criticism is criticism and it's not like she is saying "The outfit's ugly and disgusting.". If you don't critique, then how will the people learn?

Yes, they do critique in RL. The do it with movies, books, and artwork, so I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do it on here.

I agree.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#11 2011-04-30 07:54:26

silverfox9
Members

I agree with the whole 'critique is critique' thing. We asked for an opinion and we got one. Whether we like it or not is irrelevant so long as it hasn't been made into an attack of one's personal taste and/or isn't stated in an incredibly mean manner.

We are being critiqued on whether or not we have created the atmosphere the theme requires. Each theme has a general norm in which we are asked to do our best in conforming to. If we make no effort to do such then it is no one's fault but our own that we do not like the critique.

If our personal taste and the theme clash that is something that cannot be helped. It is your choice if you wish to participate. Though you should keep in mind, that if you put no effort towards the theme, you are not being insulted when told that you do not 'fit' the theme.

If you put effort and are still being told that you do not fit, you are not being insulted. This is simply the result of how our commenter views the theme should be applied. It may be that your view is different. You are two different people with different opinions. GothGirlUni is simply giving us hers.

This here is my opinion and I have no wish to impose it upon anyone. I have chosen a formal tone for my post as I have the distinct feeling that emotions are flaring and I have no desire to 'fan the flames'. I have chosen my words with great care so that my opinion would be clearly stated. Again this is strictly my opinion and I speak for no one but my self. Feel free to say anything you would like to me in regards to my post.

Thank You, and Goodnight.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/164/9/e/9e4118470ca6afb169783844872126b5-d68wrct.png

#12 2011-04-30 10:06:58

ruealice
Members

Why do people keep saying the fashion show is something to express themselves? It's obviously not. I may be repeating myself, but remember, OMD is a game. To express yourself, dress up your doll in your own style! The fashion show is a game that has it's own rules. For example if you are playing basketball, would you complain that you cannot kick the ball like in football?

Let me ask you a question: When you're doing the flirting minigame, do you complain that you can't express yourself because you are told to wear a certain item? No, because the point of the flirting game is to dress up according to the requirements and win prizes.

The same way the fashion show is also another minigame on OMD where the objective is to dress up your doll in a certain theme and win the first prize. The dolls who can match the theme the best way wins. That doesn't take money, it takes creativity. Can anyone say that this is not the objective of the fashion show?

About the criticism, I think it's justified. Like I stated above, the fashion show has its own rules. When so many dolls break the rules, it decreases the chances of those who work hard to get the theme right. Because even the non-themed dolls will share the votes with the themed dolls.

I'll be frank, I don't like it when dolls who don't follow the theme win the first three prizes, even though I don't join the show. It will be like someone winning the top loft vote with nothing in her loft, or finishing all the flirting quests without buying any correct items. Is that fair?

If you don't have enough money to buy an outfit for the fashion show, don't join! I only joined the fashion show once because I don't like spending real money on online games. Other people have other opinions, but spending money is your choice. No one is forcing you to buy Fee'z.

And I'm sure that she is not being mean at all. I've been reading all her reviews and I have noticed that:
a) If a doll has the correct theme and a good dress, she mentions that as a positive note.
b) If a doll have the wrong theme but a good dress, she mentions it is the wrong theme but says the dress is good.
c) If the dress is bad and the theme is wrong she will say it is so.
d) If the dress is the same as last week or the week before that, it's obvious the doll entered without putting any effort at all and recieves negative comments.

She is right too. There are dolls who wear the same outfit over two or three weeks even though the theme is different. Why did those people join again without changing the outfit? What about dolls like the one she mentioned, who only wore a belt? Why did she join the fashion show?

Remember, criticising isn't the same thing as insulting. I hope she continues her review the same way, because it's fair and entertaining and most importantly, it also gives some credit to the dolls who actually put effort into the fashion show, even if they don't win.

Sorry for the long post! mang

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#13 2011-04-30 10:25:18

evadiva
Members

I totally agree that the review is a good thing! On another OMD site, which I've given up on, almost everyone wears what they like, hiding stuff & barely anyone follows the theme, if they had someone doing a review it might actually encourage them to want to be on the 'good list'. I see the good list as a pat on the back especially when so many not in theme manage to get so many votes, as Ruealice said: "it also gives some credit to the dolls who actually put effort into the fashion show".
If you enter the fashion contest then you are open to criticism if you haven't followed the guidelines given by the game.
I love voting in the show, & we need lots of voters for it to be a fair contest. I work, I have kids, I don't have as much time as I would like but for half an hour every so often during the day I vote & what disappointment when I frequently get 3 dollz who have the same outfit as last week or who are completely off theme!
Anyway thank you Gothgirluni for your review & no I won't be insulted if I get it wrong & get put on the off list ;)

#14 2011-04-30 12:41:14

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

strawberrypink wrote:

Of course if she imagined herself in their shoes, then she clearly wouldn't feel hurt. I'm sure I wouldn't too. A bit of constructive criticism never hurts, just helps a bit.

If she put me on the bad list and wrote: "Not good enough, not on theme and SO last week."

Then I'd think: "Right, so I need to push up my game, stay on the right tracks and wear something that goes correctly."

It didn't hurt, it just helped. If younger children were put on a bad list, then I suggest that they also think of it as helping, because it'll do no good if they start crying over a game, that they can choose to or not to play.

#15 2011-04-30 16:19:13

asami
Members
Website

well~ on the one hand, it seems important to the dollz to participant every week... but on the other hand it seems not, because they didnīt change anything.

shure, it can be tell like...donīt know... "maybe you should try something new", but why do they participate if they even are not interested in staying in the theme or showing their creativity by showing different styles.

to do the fashion show with the same outfit as the last one, when nothing was won with it is a chance of 0,001% for win. then it is better to wait.

and about the $$$ (dolldollars): itīs the same as with the adventures, noone force you to do it. save your $$$ for the next round, if you donīt have enough for changing your outfit, then it looks the next time better

gothgirluni opened a topic where we discuss the rules from the fashion show, where much dollz agreed, that they donīt like the ones who donīt fit to the theme. am i wrong when i say, they right?

but at least i want to say, everybody has her/his opinion about anything, and that making them official always results discussions is natural,too. thatīs why in the german forum it is forbidden to name anybody (doesnīt matter if good or bad), so we have to ways to continue:

1) we do it like the germans and forbidd naming dollz

2) we allow and if anybody feel abused PERSONALY just this person should say "stopp it!"

kind regards applau

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#16 2011-04-30 17:01:51

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

asami wrote:

2) we allow and if anybody feel abused PERSONALY just this person should say "stopp it!"

This is the best way to go. If THEY personally feel hurt, they THEY can personally say so. It's not our job to point things out, because they might not even feel hurt. They might feel grateful.

#17 2011-05-01 03:10:56

gothgirluni
Members

Something that may not be clear to some of the readers -
-I praise good outfits/outfits I really like. Often that coincides with other people's tastes, but not always.
-I do NOT name and criticize outfits that I do not like. I do allow for taste.
When there really was one doll I hated the outfit of, I called the doll XXXXXXXX. Whoever read that was open to interpret it as their own doll or not. Basically it was a statement of "if the shoe fits, wear it".
-Where a doll's outfit could be considered to be an interesting interpretation of the theme, I do not hold that against them. For example one doll was dressed in leathers for the wedding. I know this player is male, and dresses their doll as a male. For that reason they made the good list. Some looked like princesses. Fine, that was their interpretation. Some looked like ordinary people who had taken a lot of care to dress for a wedding. Again, I felt they were perfectly on theme.
-When I do criticize a doll's outfit, it is because it is
a) off theme for the current show,  (so last week = wearing last week's theme)
b) is an outfit that the doll wears week in week out (nothing else in the wardrobe?) or
c) has been poorly put together, with stray items floating around, shoes half way up the legs etc..
I will also occasionally criticize a doll when I really feel a player is not playing fair by hiding required items.

I hope that helps people understand how I do my reviews.

#18 2011-05-02 12:47:26

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

As someone who has been bullied in real life I find you calling this post to be bullying extremely offensive.
It is not happening here. GothGirlUni is offering an opinion on people's outfits who have asked to be judged by entering the fashion show.

I'm sure GothGirlUni will consider your points over some of the more cutting remarks they made.

#19 2011-05-02 15:07:40

gothgirluni
Members

As already mentioned in the first post, there won't be another review. It takes hours of my time, and if all I am going to get from it is complaints from people who want to do things their own way, and who can only accept "truth" if it is a complement, well, I can't be bothered.

Oh, and for those that are saying I am rude, please read the title of this post.\

In the mean time, I'm off to vote for those gorgeous dolls that are going with the theme. Wow, Ch0colate, 769 votes and counting, and I'm proud to be voting for you.

#20 2011-05-02 15:14:32

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

I too have seen bullying & I agree with Anyamalfoy - the review & how it's written is NOT bullying, I wouldn't mind what list I get put on I'm mature enough to take it! Because by entering the fashion contest I know I am up against people who have put a lot of effort into following the theme & of course it'll be seen badly if I were the same thing over & over again ('so last week'), or if I cheat by deliberately hiding stuff, or if I just carelessly throw stuff on to my doll ie a dress on my foot or my tights hovering beside me! Any one of these reasons suggest that the person doesn't really care about the show so why bother entering or more to the point why on earth would they be bothered by a review? If you're afraid of criticism then don't compete!

As someone has already said Constructive Criticism never hurts!

#21 2011-05-02 17:46:22

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

Seeing as I am inlove with the idea of a fashion show review, I will volunteer to do it.
I am a bit confused, because I find your reviews amazing and something to look forward to each week. I don't find them rude at all! But I guess if that's what the others want, we cannot argue. :C

#22 2011-05-02 18:02:28

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

Deleted - Sorry, thought you ment you were going to give each of them a warning. In future, I shall read it properly lol, thanks :)

#23 2011-05-03 10:01:42

gothgirluni
Members

885 votes for ch0colate
Now that is impressive  applau

#24 2011-05-03 16:31:05

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

By the way what is the theme? I checked on OMD site for the news and the news on here but no sign of the theme anywhere?? magic

#25 2011-05-03 17:13:17

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

pettel wrote:

By the way what is the theme? I checked on OMD site for the news and the news on here but no sign of the theme anywhere?? magic

Clearly you are not looking hard enough.http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=2023
It's right there in the news section.

This is also considered posting off topic. Please do not post questions in threads that are not directly related to the original post.

Board footer