You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-05-03 23:38:39

ruealice
Members

What happened to my page?!

Everything on my page disappeared! I took hours to make it look the way I wanted... Now it's completely gone! Is this a glitch? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sure it wasn't erased by a mod...

This happened on my alternate dolls page too once but there wasn't much on there... I thought I made a mistake and erased it then. I don't think I can recover what I lost but could someone find out why this is happening and fix it so it doesn't happen again? I'm on the verge of tears!!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#2 2011-05-04 00:46:46

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Re: What happened to my page?!

Did it all dissapear at once.  Or did the bottom part start to dissapear first?

Make sure you save often when editing your page.. If you take too long it can log you out & when you go to save, the page will take you to the sign in page & you will of lost anything you had been working on

If you had something offensive on your page a mod could of deleted it.. but Im pretty sure they leave a message when they do it..

Or, a code on your page could be messing it up..

#3 2011-05-04 03:24:20

ruealice
Members

Thank you but it was none of the above... it disappeared all at once after I added something to the page. I had a lot of stuff on my page already and I just updated it a little and after I clicked accept there was nothing on my page, even the old stuff.

I was still logged in when my page was wiped out. And it wasn't just the new stuff that disappeared but everything I had on my page since I joined OMD disappeared together!

There was definitely nothing offensive on my page because it had been around for a long time and I only add minor changes everyday or week.

And it can't have been a code because I don't put any fancy coding like tables etc. on my page, only text and pictures. :C

#4 2011-05-04 07:53:40

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Hmm.. not sure then maybe a mod will answer here.

I have seen if you have too much stuff on your page, stuff will dissapear.  I havent had my whole page go yet.  But a whole lot of it..

#5 2011-05-04 08:29:37

ruealice
Members

Ohh... I'm sorry for that! I can see why that would happen! :/ I'll have to start over, but this time i'm going to save the page on an html file on my computer just to be safe! :)

#6 2011-05-04 08:35:34

Ancien joueur strawberrypink
Guests

i been on my laptop and when i click accpet, theres a window which pop out, that said: The connection had been restarted., i click cancel, and went back to see my page and half of it was gone :(

Back to post
You should post this at Bugs...

#7 2011-05-04 21:52:26

asami
Members
Website

1. we mods canīt make anything to your page, if we see something against the rules we tell the admin and he can work over

2. i had a who-am-i deleting on my german doll 4 times in my 3 years playing. it is a kind of bug, that sometimes happend. it could depends on some words, which working like codes and so they formatting.

the best way is everytime to have a saving on your pc from your who-am-i to paste it back

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#8 2011-05-04 22:21:31

ruealice
Members

Thank you! I'm not going to look any further into this. I'll just start over. Thanks!

Board footer